Salaam! Thank you to everyone who has been reading and commenting on Hijab Style. Unfortunately, that time of the year has come round again and exams are on the horizon! So I'll pretty much be minimising any non-essential activity (blogging, sleep...) for the next month or so whilst I revise. Posts will slow down but will still be regular, and you can look forward to improved content when things start to pick up again in May.
Speaking of which, I've been planning to add a new feature on the blog for a while now, but had not been able to due to time constraints. I already post many street style shots from around the world, but the focus of this will be on the current UK scene. Most readers will already know that the content of the blog is diverse, including Islamic fashion show coverage, new hijab wraps, outfit ideas, sale alerts and articles. However I'm looking to make it more interactive (which means you guys can do the work for me hehe :D). This is so I can better achieve the aims of the blog - which is to make stylish modest clothing accessible to everyone. To that end, I'd like to invite readers to submit their own street style photos and share their style with us! Whilst many people look to celebrities as their fashion and style inspirations, I think as Muslimahs it's important we look to each other for support and style ideas.
So here are the guidelines:
1. Send in one clear shot of yourself (full-length preferably). Please note however, that any photos posted on the blog are available for everyone to view. So if you prefer, make sure that you are looking to the side, or pop on a pair of shades!
2. List what you are wearing and where you bought it from.
3. Write a little about your style and your number 1 tip - it can be anything from where to find the best tunics to your favourite colour combination.
4. Do bear in mind basic hijab rules - we want to promote modest dressing, so yes to maxi skirts and wide leg trousers, no to leggings and lyrca tops!
6. At the moment submissions are only open to UK residents - but this may change in the future.
7. Any submissions I do receive will be processed and posted after April - so the focus should be on Spring/Summer outfits.
8. There will be a small prize (tba) at the end of each season for the best submission!
E-mail your entries and any comments, tips or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.